English Vietnamese dictionary
- danh từ
- ngôi nhà hoặc các toà nhà khác có nhà phụ, đất đai...; cơ ngơi
- business premises
- cơ ngơi kinh doanh
- the firm is looking for larger premises: công ty đang đi tìm những cơ ngơi lớn hơn
- he was asked to leave the premises immediately: người ta yêu cầu anh ta phải lập tức rời khỏi khu nhà
- (pháp lý) các chi tiết về tài sản, tên người... đã được ghi rõ trong phần đầu của một hợp đồng hợp pháp
- off the premises: ngoài ranh giới của dinh cơ
- to see somebody off the premises: tiễn ai ra khỏi nhà
- on the premises: trong nhà...
- there is always a manager on the premises: bao giờ cũng có một quản đốc ở trong toà nhà (tại chỗ)
- alcohol may not be consumed on the premises: rượu không được phép uống tại chỗ
Advanced English dictionary
[pl.] the building and land near to it that a business owns or uses: business / commercial / industrial premises + The company is looking for larger premises. + No alcohol may be consumed on the premises. + Police were called to escort her off the premises. + These premises are regularly checked by security guards.
1 premiss, assumption, proposition, postulate, hypothesis, conjecture, assertion, supposition, thesis, presupposition, proposal, theorem, surmise, basis, ground:
He started out with the premise that time had a beginning and will have an end.
2 assume, propose, postulate, hypothesize, hypothecate, conjecture, posit, assert, suppose, presuppose, theorize, surmise, put or set forth, predicate, argue:
If you accept what Einstein premised in the Special Theory of Relativity, then you accept that space is curved.
The company is moving to new premises next month.
| suitable | bigger, large | cramped, modest | city-centre | purpose-built | adjoining, neighbouring | temporary | private, residential | business, church, club, commercial, company, factory, hospital, hotel, industrial, office, retail, school, shop
VERB + PREMISES
The police have the power to enter the premises at any time.
| find | own | acquire, lease | move to | occupy, use | leave, vacate
on the ~
Smoking is strictly forbidden on school premises.
Concise English dictionary
+a statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn
+set forth beforehand, often as an explanation
+furnish with a preface or introduction
+take something as preexisting and given