Updated English - Vietnamese Dictionary
upon / 'p n/Concise Dictionary
- giới từ
- trên, ở trên
- upon the wide sea: trên biển rộng
- lúc, vào lúc, trong khong, trong lúc
- upon the heavy middle of the night: vào đúng nửa đêm
- upon a long voyage: trong cuộc hành trình dài
- nhờ vào, bằng, nhờ
- to depend upon someone to live: nhờ vào ai mà sống
- chống lại
- to draw one's sword upon someone: rút gưm ra chống lại ai
- theo, với
- upon those terms: với những điều kiện đó
up·on || ə'pɑn /ə'pɒnAdvanced English Dictionary
prep. on, atop
(formal, especially BrE) = ON: The decision was based upon two considerations.
Idioms: (almost) upon you if sth in the future is almost upon you, it is going to arrive or happen very soon: The summer season was almost upon them again.
more at ONCE adv.
Random quote: Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts.: Margaret RunbeckLatest queries: signs, caramel, alongside, hysteria, forgery, pigment, lash, peculiar, dash, unreasoning, horizon, across, ferrous, brethren, bitter, bandsman, playbook, nourished, lucerne, upon,
Optional: 01/2018:Picture Dictionary
Updated: 05/06/2018:List of Academic Words
Updated: 03/2019: Learning by reading annotated text, reliable state of art and updated news