English - Vietnamese Dictionary
stink /stiɳk/Concise Dictionary
- danh từ
- (số nhiều) (từ lóng) hoá học; tự nhiên học
- to raise a stink
- (từ Mỹ,nghĩa Mỹ), (từ lóng) bới thối ra, làm toáng lên
- nội động từ stank, stunk; stunk
- bốc mùi thối, bay mùi thối, thối
- (từ lóng) tồi, (thuộc) loại kém
- ngoại động từ
- ((thường) + up) làm thối um
- (từ lóng) nhận thấy, trông thấy, ngửu thấy
- he can stink it a kilometer off: xa một không kilômet nó cũng nhận ra điều đó
- to stink out
- làm bốc hơi thối để đuổi (ai) ra; đuổi (ai) ra bằng hơi thối
stank|stunk|stinks|stinkingstɪŋkAdvanced English Dictionary
+a distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant
+be extremely bad in quality or in one's performance
+smell badly and offensively
verb, nounCollocation Dictionary
+ verb (stank ) or (stunk, stunk) [V] ~ (of sth) (informal)
1 to have a strong, unpleasant smell: Her breath stank of garlic. + It stinks of smoke in here.
2 to seem very bad, unpleasant or dishonest: The whole business stank of corruption. + 'What do you think of the idea?' 'I think it stinks.'
Phrasal Verbs: stink sth<->out to fill a place with a strong, unpleasant smell: She stinks out the whole house with her incense and candles.
+ noun (informal)
1 [C, usually sing.] a very unpleasant smell: the stink of sweat and urine
2 [sing.] a lot of trouble and anger about sth: The whole business caused quite a stink. + We'll kick up a stink (= complain a lot and cause trouble) if they try to close the school down.
1 very unpleasant smell
STINK + NOUN
the acrid stink of cordite
2 very strong complaint about sth
VERB + STINK
cause, kick up, make, raise
The parents of the pupils say they'll kick up a stink if the school roof isn't repaired before the winter.
Random quote: Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.: Zig ZiglarLatest queries: proboscis, pharmaceutical, woman, giraffe, negligible, giraffe, safe, finance, sob, shipper, accordion, unrequited, stretches, philistine, betoken, underside, room, cite, afford, stink,