Updated English - Vietnamese Dictionary
reside /ri'zaid/Concise Dictionary
- nội động từ
- ở tại, trú ngụ, cư trú
- to reside in HangBong street: ở tại phố Hàng Bông
- to reside abroad: trú ngụ tại nước ngoài
- the difficulty resides in this...: (nghĩa bóng) khó khăn là ở chỗ...
- (+ in) thuộc về (thẩm quyền, quyền hạn...)
- the right to decide the matter resides in the Supreme Court: quyền quyết định vấn đề thuộc về toà án tối cao
resides|resided|residingrɪ'zaɪdAdvanced English Dictionary
+make one's home in a particular place or community
+live (in a certain place)
+be inherent or innate in;
[V +adv./prep.] (formal) to live in a particular place: He returned to Britain in 1939, having resided abroad for many years. + Do you still reside at Elm Road? + Their passports do not give them the right to reside in Britain.
Phrasal Verbs: reside in sb/sth to be in sb/sth; to be caused by sth: The poem's main interest resides in the use of dialect. + The source of the problem resides in the fact that the currency is too strong.
reside in / with sb/sth (of a power, a right, etc.) to belong to sb/sth: The ultimate authority resides with the board of directors.
Random quote: When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.: Franklin RooseveltLatest queries: voyage, jazz, weirdo, zonked, airless, fungi, digestive, southerner, anchovy, apricot, tire, clean-up, payable, eraser, asunder, audible, behaved, umbilical cord, brush-off, reside,
Optional: 01/2018: Picture Dictionary
Updated: 05/06/2018: List of Academic Words