English - Vietnamese Dictionary
ready /'redi/Concise Dictionary
- tính từ
- sẵn sàng
- dinner is ready: cơm nước đã sẵn sàng
- to be ready to go anywhere: sẵn sàng đi bất cứ đâu
- ready! go!: (thể dục,thể thao) sẵn sàng! chạy!
- ready, present, fire!: chuẩn bị, ngắm, bắn!
- sẵn lòng
- he is ready to help you: anh ta sẵn lòng giúp anh
- để sẵn
- to keep a revolver ready: để sẵn một khẩu súng lục
- cố ý, cú; có khuynh hướng
- don't be so ready to find fault: đừng cố ý bắt bẻ như thế
- sắp, sắp sửa
- now ready: sắp sửa xuất bản (sách)
- a bud just ready to brust: nụ hoa sắp nở
- có sẵn, mặt (tiền)
- ready money: tiền có sẵn (trong tay); tiền mặt
- to pay ready money: trả tiền mặt
- nhanh, mau, ngay tức khắc; lưu loát
- a ready retort: câu đối đáp nhanh
- to have a ready wit: nhanh trí
- to have a ready pen: viết lưu loát
- dễ dàng
- goods that meet with a ready sale: những hàng bán rất dễ dàng nhất
- ở gần, đúng tầm tay
- the readiest weapont: cái vũ khí ở gần tay nhất
- ready at hand; ready to hand: ở ngay gần, vừa đúng tầm tay
- to be always ready with an excuse
- luôn luôn có lý do để bào chữa
- phó từ
- sẵn, sẵn sàng
- pack everything ready: hây sắp xếp mọi thứ vào va li
- ready dressed: đã mặc quần áo sẵn sàng
- nhanh (chỉ dùng cấp so sánh)
- the child that answers readiest: đứa bé trả lời nhanh nhất
- danh từ
- (quân sự) tư thế sẵn sàng bắn (của súng)
- to come to the ready: giương súng ở tư thế sẵn sàng bắn
- guns at the ready: những khẩu pháo ngóc lên sẵn sàng nhả đạn
- ngoại động từ
- chuẩn bị sẵn sàng, sửa soạn
- (từ lóng) trả bằng tiền mặt
readier|readiest|readies|readied|readying'redɪAdvanced English Dictionary
+poised for action
+prepare for eating by applying heat
+make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
+completely prepared or in condition for immediate action or use or progress
+(of especially money) immediately available
+brought into readiness
+apprehending and responding with speed and sensitivity
adjective, verb, adverb, nounCollocation Dictionary
+ adjective (readier, readiest)
prepared / available
1 [not before noun] ~ (for sth)
~ (to do sth) fully prepared for what you are going to do: Are you nearly ready? + I'm just getting the kids ready for school. + Right, we're ready to go. + 'Shall we go?' 'I'm ready when you are!' + Volunteers were ready and waiting to pack the food in boxes. + I was twenty years old and ready for anything. + I'm not sure if Karen is ready for marriage yet.
2 [not before noun] ~ (for sth)
~ (to do sth) completed and available to be used: Come on, dinner's ready! + The new building should be ready by 2002. + Can you help me get everything ready for the party? + The contract will be ready to sign in two weeks.
3 available to be used easily and immediately: All the relevant records are easily available ready to hand. + (BrE) a ready meal (= one that you buy already prepared and that you only have to heat up) + a ready supply of wood + a ready source of income
See also - READILY, READINESS, ROUGH-AND-READY
4 [not before noun] ~ (for / with sth)
~ (to do sth) willing and quick to do or give sth: I was very angry and ready for a fight. + She's always ready with advice. + He's always ready to help his friends. + Don't be so ready to believe the worst about people.
likely to do sth
5 ~ to do sth likely to do sth very soon: She looked ready to collapse at any minute.
6 ~ for sth needing sth as soon as possible: Right, I'm ready for bed. + After the long walk, we were all ready for a drink.
quick / clever
7 [only before noun] quick and clever: She has great charm and a ready wit.
Idioms: make ready (for sth) (formal) to prepare: to make ready for the President's visit
ready, steady, go! (BrE) (also (get) ready, (get) set, go AmE, BrE) what you say to tell people to start a race
ready to roll (informal) ready to start: The show is just about ready to roll.
+ verb (readies, readying, readied, readied) ~ sb / yourself / sth (for sth) (formal) to prepare sb/yourself/sth for sth: [VN] Western companies were readying themselves for the challenge from Eastern markets. [also V to inf, VN to inf]
+ adverb (used before a past participle, especially in compounds) already done: ready-cooked meals + The concrete was ready mixed. + ready-pasted wallpaper
+ noun (the ready) [sing.] (also readies [pl.]) (BrE, informal) money that you can use immediately
Idioms: at the ready available to be used immediately: We all had our cameras at the ready. + Have your questions at the ready.
appear, be, feel, look, seem | get
We were getting ready to go out.
| get sb
trying to get the children ready to leave
| consider sb, declare sb, deem sb, judge sb
She was concerned to protect the children from the truth until she judged them ready to hear it.
I was all ready to leave when the phone rang.
| not quite
He didn't feel quite ready for marriage.
| (just) about, almost, nearly, practically
I think we're just about ready to start.
| always, ever | not yet | emotionally
Though Paul had wanted a child, he wasn't emotionally ready for it.
I feel ready for anything!
He's always ready with a quick answer.
2 prepared and available
The suitcases were standing ready by the front door.
| have sth, hold sth, keep sth, leave sth
Please have your tickets ready for inspection. holding his gun ready I've left everything ready in the kitchen.
| get sth, make sth
I'll get all the boxes ready. The warships were soon made ready.
| consider sth, declare sth, deem sth, judge sth
The plane was refuelled and declared ready for service again.
The cases are ready for delivery.
appear, be, seem | remain
more than, only too, very
Connors was more than ready to oblige. She was only too ready to believe the worst of him.
| always, ever | apparently | clearly
ready and willing
always ready and willing to help
Random quote: Respect should be earned by actions, and not acquired by years.: Frank WrightLatest queries: concertina, concerns, drubbing, regroup, withholding, scepter, access, shining, condescend, dumdum, became, schoolwork, consanguinity, inarguable, conjugal, drug, schoolteacher, phonology, sensation, ready,