Updated English - Vietnamese Dictionary
override /,ouvə'raid/Concise Dictionary
- ngoại động từ overrode, overridden
- cho quân đội tràn qua (đất địch)
- (nghĩa bóng) gạt ra một bên, không thèm đếm xỉa đến, không chịu nghe theo; có quyền cao hơn, cho là mình có quyền cao hơn
- to override someone's pleas: không chịu nghe những lời biện hộ của ai
- to override one's commission: lạm quyền của mình
- (y học) gối lên (xương gãy)
overridden|overrode|overrides|overriding‚əʊvə'raɪdAdvanced English Dictionary
+a manually operated device to correct the operation of an automatic device
+the act of nullifying; making null and void; counteracting or overriding the effect or force of something
+counteract the normal operation of (an automatic gear shift in a vehicle)
+ride (a horse) too hard
1 to use your authority to reject sb's decision, order, etc.
The chairman overrode the committee's objections and signed the agreement.
2 to be more important than sth: Considerations of safety override all other concerns.
3 to stop a process that happens automatically and control it yourself: A special code is needed to override the time lock.
Random quote: Our lives are the only meaningful expression of what we believe and in Whom we believe. And the only real wealth, for any of us, lies in our faith.: Gordon HinckleyLatest queries: underhanded, customs, disentangle, paragon, absolutely, native, propeller, poke, eden, more, baseline, cradle, slipshod, whisper, mountain, specification, momentum, sock, diametrically, override,
Optional: 01/2018:Picture Dictionary
Updated: 05/06/2018:List of Academic Words
Updated: 03/2019: Learning by reading annotated text, reliable state of art and updated news