English - Vietnamese Dictionary
log /lɔg/Concise Dictionary
- danh từ
- khúc gỗ mới đốn, khúc gỗ mới xẻ
- (hàng hải) máy đo tốc độ (tàu)
- người đần, người ngu, người ngớ ngẩn
- to fall like a log
- ngã vật xuống, ngã như trời giáng
- to keep the log rolling
- (từ Mỹ,nghĩa Mỹ) làm với một nhịp độ nhanh
- roll my log anf I'll roll yours
- hây giúp tôi, tôi sẽ giúp lại anh (trong những mưu toan chính trị, trong việc tâng bốc tác phẩm của nhau giữa các nhà phê bình văn học)
- to split the log
- (từ Mỹ,nghĩa Mỹ), (nghĩa bóng) giải thích cái gì, cắt nghĩa cái gì
- ngoại động từ
- chặt (đốn) thành từng khúc
- (hàng hải) ghi (số dặm đã đi) vào sổ nhật ký hàng hải; đi được (bao nhiêu dặm)
- (hàng hải) ghi (tên, lỗi của thuỷ thủ) vào sổ phạt; phạt (ai)
logged|logging|logslɑg ,lɔg /lɒgAdvanced English Dictionary
+a segment of the trunk of a tree when stripped of branches
+large log at the back of a hearth fire
+the exponent required to produce a given number
+a written record of messages sent or received
+a written record of events on a voyage (of a ship or plane)
+measuring instrument that consists of a float that trails from a ship by a knotted line in order to measure the ship's speed through the water
+enter into a log, as on ships and planes
+cut lumber, as in woods and forests
noun, verbCollocation Dictionary
1 a thick piece of wood that is cut from or has fallen from a tree: logs for the fire
2 (also logbook) an official record of events during a particular period of time, especially a journey on a ship or plane: The captain keeps a log. + (computing) to open a log file
3 (informal) = LOGARITHM
Idioms see EASY adj., SLEEP v.
+ verb (-gg-) [VN]
1 to put information in an official record or write a record of events
The police log all phone calls.
2 to travel a particular distance or for a particular length of time: The pilot has logged 1 000 hours in the air.
3 to cut down trees in a forest for their wood
Phrasal Verbs: log in / on (computing) to perform the actions that allow you to begin using a computer system: You need a password to log on.
log off / out (computing) to perform the actions that allow you to finish using a computer system: Log out before switching the computer off.
(AmE) = -LOGUE(also informal log)
(mathematics) any of a series of numbers set out in lists which make it possible to work out problems by adding and SUBTRACTING instead of multiplying and dividing
a pile of sawn logs
The road was blocked by fallen logs.
| blazing, burning
VERB + LOG
chop, saw, split
LOG + VERB
blaze, burn, crackle
logs crackling in the fireplace
LOG + NOUN
cabin | fire
2 written record
detailed | captain's, ship's
VERB + LOG
She kept a log of their voyage.
LOG + NOUN
Random quote: Wisdom begins in wonder.: SocratesLatest queries: ask, adviser, vanish, confine, genesis, mightily, put, lashing, inebriated, insomnia, adam, deserves, navigate, antagonism, poke, coordinate, polo, trigonometry, grammar, log,