English - Vietnamese Dictionary
incompetent /in'kɔmpitənt/Concise Dictionary
- tính từ
- thiếu khả năng, thiếu trình độ kém cỏi, bất tài
- to be incompetent to do something: không đủ khả năng làm việc gì
- (pháp lý) không đủ thẩm quyền; không có thẩm quyền; không có giá trị pháp lý
- incompetent evidence: chứng cớ không có giá trị pháp lý
- danh từ
- (từ Mỹ,nghĩa Mỹ) người không đủ khả năng, người không đủ trình độ, người kém cỏi, người bất tài
- (pháp lý) người không có đủ thẩm quyền
incompetents'ɪn'kɑmpɪtənt /-'kɒm-Thesaurus Dictionary
+someone who is not competent to take effective action
+not qualified or suited for a purpose
+showing lack of skill or aptitude
+not doing a good job
+not meeting requirements
Advanced English Dictionary
unqualified, unfit, unable, incapable, unskilled, unskilful, inept, maladroit, inexpert, awkward, floundering, clumsy, bungling, gauche, useless, inadequate, insufficient, ineffective, ineffectual, inefficient:
Incompetent managers need competent secretaries in order to survive.
adjective, nounCollocation Dictionary
not having the skill or ability to do your job or a task as it should be done: an incompetent teacher / manager + his incompetent handling of the affair + The Prime Minister was attacked as incompetent to lead.
a person who does not have the skill or ability to do their job or a task as it should be done
appear, be | adjudge sb/sth, consider sb/sth
I know my boss considers me incompetent.
grossly, hopelessly, singularly
a grossly incompetent piece of reporting
| completely, totally, utterly | managerially, socially, technically | mentally
He is utterly incompetent at his job.
Random quote: The energy of the mind is the essence of life.: AristotleLatest queries: helped, frenchman, concerted, invalid, motif, daughter, variously, repressed, repel, lidded, tenants, practice, racism, chooses, inside, stream, moment, childproof, vets, incompetent,