English - Vietnamese Dictionary
imprint /'imprint/Concise Dictionary
- danh từ
- dấu vết, vết in, vết hằn
- the imprint of a foot on sand: dấu bàn chân trên cát
- the imprint of suffering on someone's face: nét hằn của sự đau khổ trên khuôn mặt ai
- phần ghi của nhà xuất bản (tên nhà xuất bản, ngày xuất bản, số lượng... ở đầu hoặc cuối sách ((thường) publisher's imprint, printer's imprint)
- ngoại động từ
- đóng, in (dấu); in dấu vào, đóng dấu vào (cái gì)
- to imprint a postmark on a letter: đóng dấu bưu điện lên một lá thư
- to imprint the paper with a seal: đóng dấu vào giấy bằng một con dấu
- ghi khắc, ghi nhớ, in sâu vào, in hằn
- ideas imprinted on the mind: tư tưởng ăn sâu vào đầu óc ai
imprints|imprinted|imprinting'ɪmprɪntAdvanced English Dictionary
+a distinctive influence
+a concavity in a surface produced by pressing
+an identification of a publisher; a publisher's name along with the date and address and edition that is printed at the bottom of the title page
+an impression produced by pressure or printing
+a device produced by pressure on a surface
+establish or impress firmly in the mind
+mark or stamp with or as if with pressure
verb, nounCollocation Dictionary
~ B with A
1 to have a great effect on sth so that it cannot be forgotten, changed, etc: The terrible scenes were indelibly imprinted on his mind. + His work is imprinted with his own personal style. + He imprints his own personal style on his work.
2 to print or press a mark or design onto a surface: clothes imprinted with the logos of sports teams + Their footprints were imprinted in the snow.
1 ~ (of sth) (in / on sth) a mark made by pressing or stamping sth onto a surface: the imprint of a foot in the sand + The blow made a sharp imprint on the skin.
2 [usually sing.] ~ (of sth) (on sb/sth) (formal) the lasting effect that a person or an experience has on a place or a situation: Colonialism has left an indelible imprint on the island.
3 (technical) the name of the PUBLISHER of a book, usually printed below the title on the first page: They publish under several imprints.
indelible, permanent | unmistakable
VERB + IMPRINT
The ceramics bore the imprint of Luca della Robbia.
| leave, make
Glaciation has left a permanent imprint on the landscape. (figurative) The sinister atmosphere of the place left an indelible imprint on my memory.
Random quote: Speak low, if you speak love.: William ShakespeareLatest queries: wallaby, rephrase, saucer, brimstone, blacken, criticize, blatantly, clause, straggler, acquit, acquit, dat, netizen, cabbage, prow, zambezi, piecework, dispiriting, rude, imprint,