Updated English - Vietnamese Dictionary
either /'aiðə,(Mỹ)'i:ðə/Concise Dictionary
- tính từ
- mỗi (trong hai), một (trong hai)
- cả hai
- on either side: ở mỗi bên, ở một trong hai bên; cả hai bên
- danh từ
- mỗi người (trong hai), mỗi vật (trong hai); một người (trong hai); một vật (trong hai)
- liên từ
- either... or...: ... hoặc...
- either come in or go out: hoặc vào hoặc ra
- either drunk or mad: hoặc là say hoặc là khùng
- phó từ (dùng với câu hỏi phủ định)
- cũng phải thế
- if you don't take it, I shan't either: nếu anh không lấy cái đó thì tôi cũng không lấy
'aɪðəAdvanced English Dictionary
+after a negative statement used as an intensive meaning something like `likewise' or `also'
determiner, pronoun, adverb
1 one or the other of two; it does not matter which: You can park on either side of the street. + You can keep one of the photos. Either of them-whichever you like. + There are two types of qualification-either is acceptable. - NEITHER
2 each of two: The offices on either side were empty. + There's a door at either end of the corridor.
1 used after negative phrases to state that a feeling or situation is similar to one already mentioned: Pete can't go and I can't either. + (AmE, informal) 'I don't like it.' 'Me either.' (= Neither do I).
2 used to add extra information to a statement: I know a good Italian restaurant. It's not far from here, either.
3 (either ...or ...) used to show a choice of two things: Well, I think she's either Russian or Polish. + I'm going to buy either a camera or a CD player with the money. + Either he could not come or he did not want to.
Compare: OR - NEITHER
Random quote: There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.: George SandLatest queries: fatigue, dazzle, metaphor, heaping, bleeding, insurrection, rugs, evaporated, thermodynamics, film-goer, painted, memorize, primo, stresses, stripes, antarctic circle, propose, detected, convoluted, either,
Optional: 01/2018: Picture Dictionary
Updated: 05/06/2018: List of Academic Words