English - Vietnamese Dictionary
draft /dræf /Concise Dictionary
- danh từ
- nước vo gạo, nước rửa bát (để nấu cho lợn...)
- bã lúa mạch (sau khi ủ bia)[drɑ:ft]
- danh từ
- bản phác thảo, bản phác hoạ, đồ án, sơ đồ thiết kế; bản dự thảo một đạo luật...)
- (từ Mỹ,nghĩa Mỹ), (quân sự) chế độ quân dịch
- (thương nghiệp) sự lấy ra, sự rút (tiền...) ra (bằng ngân phiếu...)
- to make a draft on...: lấy ra, rút ra (tiền...); (nghĩa bóng) nhờ vào, cậy vào, kêu gọi (tình bạn, lòng đại lượng của ai...)
- (thương nghiệp) hối phiếu
- (quân sự) phân đội, biệt phái, phân đội tăng cường
- sự kéo
- beasts of draft: súc vật kéo (xe...)
- (kiến trúc) sự vạch cỡ; cỡ vạch (dọc theo bờ đá để xây gờ...)
- ngoại động từ
- phác thảo, phác hoạ; dự thảo (một đạo luật...)
- (từ Mỹ,nghĩa Mỹ), (quân sự) bắt quân dịch, thực hiện chế độ quân dịch đối với
- (quân sự) lấy ra, rút ra (một phân đội... để làm công tác biệt phái...)
- (kiến trúc) vạch cỡ (bờ đá, để xây gờ...)
+a document ordering the payment of money; drawn by one person or bank on another
+a current of air (usually coming into a room or vehicle)
+a preliminary sketch of a design or picture
+a serving of drink (usually alcoholic) drawn from a keg
+preliminary version of a written work
+the depth of a vessel's keel below the surface (especially when loaded)
+a regulator for controlling the flow of air in a fireplace
+a dose of liquid medicine
+compulsory military service
+a large and hurried swallow
+the act of moving a load by drawing or pulling
+draw up an outline or sketch for something
+engage somebody to enter the army
+make a blueprint of
Advanced English Dictionary
1 plan, sketch, drawing, outline, rough (sketch), blueprint, diagram, prospectus:
We must have the draft of the new design by morning.
2 bill of exchange, cheque, money order, postal order; letter of credit:
Our customer issued a draft in full payment.
3 sketch, delineate, outline, design, plan, frame, block out, compose, diagram, draw (up):
The art department has drafted the layout for the new encyclopedia.
noun, adjective, verbCollocation Dictionary
1 [C] a rough written version of sth that is not yet in its final form: I've made a rough draft of the letter. + This is only the first draft of my speech. + the final draft (= the final version) + The legislation is still in draft form. + a draft constitution / treaty / agreement
2 [C] (finance) a written order to a bank to pay money to sb: Payment must be made by bank draft drawn on a UK bank.
3 (the draft) [sing.] (especially AmE) = CONSCRIPTION
4 [sing.] (AmE) a system in which professional teams in some sports choose players each year from among college students: He was the fourth player chosen in the 1992 draft, but the first of his class to reach the major leagues.
5 [C] (AmE) = DRAUGHT
+ adjective (AmE) = DRAUGHT
+ verb (also draught especially in BrE) [VN]
1 to write the first rough version of sth such as a letter, speech, or book: to draft a constitution / contract / bill + I'll draft a letter for you.
2 [+adv./prep.] to choose people and send them somewhere for a special task: Extra police are being drafted in to control the crowds.
3 [usually passive] (AmE) = CONSCRIPT: He had been drafted to fight in the Vietnam war. + They were drafted into the army.
early, first, initial, original, preliminary | rough | final
VERB + DRAFT
draw up, prepare, produce, write
She produced an initial draft of her plans.
The preliminary draft of the agreement has been approved.
DRAFT + NOUN
agreement, bill, budget, constitution, contract, document, law, legislation, letter, plan, proposal, report, treaty
in a/the ~
These details were not included in the preliminary draft.
in draft form
The document is still in draft form. verb
carefully, properly | badly, poorly
Some of the clauses in the contract had been very poorly drafted.
Latest queries: vocation, alliance, portion, administration, Platforms, extract, vegetables, prawn, Stock, lovely, liberal, register, period, hatter, whoever, Australia, cede, channel, conversation, draft,