English - Vietnamese Dictionary
courage /'kʌridʤ/Concise Dictionary
- danh từ
- sự can đảm, sự dũng cảm, dũng khí
- to keep up one's courage: giữ vững can đảm, không nản lòng
- to lose courage: mất hết can đảm, mất hết hăng hái
- to pluck (muster) up courage; to screw up one's courage; to take courage; to take one's courage in both hands: lấy hết can đảm
- dutch courage
- tính anh hùng (sau khi uống rượu)
- to have the courage of one's convictions (opinions)
- thực hiện quan điểm của mình; kiên quyết bảo vệ quan điểm của mình
+a quality of spirit that enables you to face danger or pain without showing fear
Advanced English Dictionary
bravery, valour, boldness, intrepidity, gallantry, dauntlessness, daring, fearlessness, heroism, nerve, Colloq grit, guts, pluck, spunk, US moxie, sand, Slang Brit bottle:
She had the courage to face the two of them alone.
+ nounCollocation Dictionary
[U] the ability to do sth dangerous, or to face pain or opposition, without showing fear
He showed great courage and determination. + I haven't yet plucked up the courage to ask her. + moral / physical courage + courage in the face of danger
See also - DUTCH COURAGE
Idioms: have / lack the courage of your convictions to be/not be brave enough to do what you feel to be right
take courage (from sth) to begin to feel happier and more confident because of sth
take your courage in both hands to make yourself do sth that you are afraid of: Taking her courage in both hands, she opened the door and walked in.
more at SCREW v.
considerable, great, outstanding, tremendous | moral, physical
Caring for elderly relatives requires considerable moral courage.
VERB + COURAGE
It takes courage to sing in public.
I didn't have the courage to tell him.
| show | find, pluck up
I finally plucked up enough courage to speak to Rachel.
Random quote: There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.: Thich Nhat HanhLatest queries: transom, gerontology, parachute, tomorrow, tomorrow, inventive, redundant, learners, acquaintanceship, expire, shut up, novocaine, shock, postbox, torsi, taffy, at last, resume, honcho, courage,