English - Vietnamese Dictionary
consult /kən'sʌlt/Concise Dictionary
- ngoại động từ
- hỏi ý kiến, thỉnh thị, thăm dò
- to consult a lawyer: hỏi ý kiến luật sư
- tra cứu, tham khảo
- to consult a dictionary: tra (cứu) tự điển
- to consult a map: coi bản đồ
- to consult history: tra cứu lịch sử, tham khảo lịch sử
- quan tâm, để ý, lưu ý, nghĩ đến
- to consult common interests: nghĩ đến quyền lợi chung
- to consult someone's feelings: lưu ý đến tình cảm của ai
- nội động từ
- bàn bạc, thảo luận, trao đổi ý kiến, hội ý
- to consult together: thảo luận bàn bạc với nhau
- we have consulted about the matter: chúng tôi đã hội ý với nhau về việc ấy
- to consult one's pillow
- nằm vắt tay lên trán mà suy nghĩ
+get or ask advice from
+seek information from
+have a conference in order to talk something over
Advanced English Dictionary
1 Often, consult with. confer (with), discuss (with), deliberate (with), talk over (with), inquire or enquire of, seek advice from, ask (of), question, interrogate, take counsel (with or of):
I shall have to consult a doctor about my headaches. You should consult with your lawyer.
2 refer to, look up, seek information from:
If in doubt, consult the dictionary.
+ verbCollocation Dictionary
1 ~ sb (about sth) to go to sb for information or advice: [VN] If the pain continues, consult your doctor. + Have you consulted your lawyer about this? + [V] a consulting engineer (= one who has expert knowledge and gives advice)
2 ~ (with) sb (about / on sth) to discuss sth with sb to get their permission for sth, or to help you make a decision: [VN] You shouldn't have done it without consulting me. + I expect to be consulted about major issues. + [V] I need to consult with my colleagues on the proposals.
3 [VN] to look in or at sth to get information
Synonym: REFER TO
He consulted the manual.
We consulted quite widely before deciding what to do.
| closely | adequately, properly
They felt they had not been properly consulted.
VERB + CONSULT
need to, should
If the pain persists you should consult your doctor.
I need to consult my teacher about changing my course.
We are consulting closely with our partners and allies.
Random quote: The greatest pleasure I know is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident.: Charles LambLatest queries: jail, april, military, aeon, reinforce, job, medical, legislate, tolerating, discriminate, boast, summary, trend, sốt, instigator, category, stringent, nab, adequate, consult,