Updated English - Vietnamese Dictionary
champ /tʃæmp/Advanced English Dictionary
- động từ
- gặm, nhai rào rạo (cỏ); nhay, nghiến
- to champ the bit: nhay hàm thiếc (ngựa)
- bực tức không chịu nổi; tức tối mà phải chịu, nghiến răng mà chịu
- nóng ruột, sốt ruột, nôn nóng
- the boys were champing to start: các em nóng ruột muốn xuất phát
+ verb [V, VN] (especially of horses) to bite or eat sth noisily
Idioms: champing at the bit (informal) impatient to do or start doing sth: Gerry's champing at the bit to go to college.
an informal way of referring to a CHAMPION, often used in newspapers: Scottish champs celebrate victory!
Random quote: A garden is always a series of losses set against a few triumphs, like life itself.: May SartonLatest queries: persecution, complexion, imaginary, metabolic, ratify, affectionately, whoever, choke, organisation, tissue, homeland, execution, execution, methodology, validate, rule, aeon, branded, devise, champ,
Optional: 01/2018:Picture Dictionary
Updated: 05/06/2018:List of Academic Words
Updated: 03/2019: Learning by reading annotated text, reliable state of art and updated news