Updated English - Vietnamese Dictionary
beyond /bi'jɔnd/Concise Dictionary
- giới từ
- ở bên kia
- the sea is beyond the hill: biển ở bên kia đồi
- quá, vượt xa hơn
- don't stay out beyond nine o'clock: đừng đi quá chín giờ
- the book is beyond me: quyển sách này đối với tôi khó quá
- he has grown beyond his brother: nó lớn hơn anh nó
- ngoài... ra, trừ...
- do you know of any means beyond this?: ngoài cách này ra anh có biết còn cách nào khác không?
- beyond one's depth beyond hope
- to live beyond one's income
- danh từ
- the beyond kiếp sau, thế giới bên kia
- the back of beyond
- nơi xa xôi khuất nẻo nhất, nơi đáy biển chân trời
bɪ'jɒndAdvanced English Dictionary
+farther along in space or time or degree
+on the farther side from the observer
1 on or to the further side of sth: The road continues beyond the village up into the hills.
2 later than a particular time: It won't go on beyond midnight. + I know what I'll be doing for the next three weeks but I haven't thought beyond that.
3 more than sth: Our success was far beyond what we thought possible. + She's got nothing beyond her state pension.
4 used to say that sth is not possible: The bicycle was beyond repair (= is too badly damaged to repair). + The situation is beyond our control.
5 too far or too advanced for sb/sth: The handle was just beyond my reach. + The exercise was beyond the abilities of most of the class.
Idioms: be beyond sb (informal) to be impossible for sb to imagine, understand or do: It's beyond me why she wants to marry Jeff.
on the other side; further on: Snowdon and the mountains beyond were covered in snow. + The immediate future is clear, but it's hard to tell what lies beyond. + the year 2000 and beyond
Idioms see BACK n., DOUBT n.
Random quote: You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.: BuddhaLatest queries: chimp, purfle, compassionate leave, larch, moth, contort, execrate, percent, sunrise, intermix, blood sausage, barcode, slime, diameter, intolerance, complicate, eject, swastikas, coarsen, beyond,
Optional: 01/2018:Picture Dictionary
Updated: 05/06/2018:List of Academic Words
Updated: 03/2019: Learning by reading annotated text, reliable state of art and updated news