English - Vietnamese Dictionary
beset /bi'set/Concise Dictionary
- (bất qui tắc) ngoại động từ beset/bi'set/
- bao vây, vây quanh (nghĩa đen) & (nghĩa bóng)
- to be beset with foes on every side: khắp bốn bề bị kẻ thù bao vây
- to be beset with cares: lo lắng không yên; trĩu nặng những lo âu phiền muộn (tâm hồn)
- choán, ngáng (đường đi)
- a path beset with obstacles: con đường ngổn ngang những vật chướng ngại
+annoy continually or chronically
+assail or attack on all sides: "The zebra was beset by leopards"
+decorate or cover lavishly (as with gems)
Advanced English Dictionary
encompass, surround, besiege; assail, attack, harass, harry, hector, bother, afflict, trouble:
She was beset by all the problems involved in having a job and a family.
(besetting, beset, beset) [VN] [usually passive] (formal) to affect sb/sth in an unpleasant or harmful way: The team had been beset by injury all season. + It's one of the most difficult problems besetting our modern way of life. + a life beset with financial worries
Random quote: You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.: BuddhaLatest queries: sardinia, consist, opinion, boxcar, anti-choice, indefensible, judgemental, tinned, suck, strive, contract, show, trench, noblesse oblige, animus, sheets, sheets, overshadow, atmospherical, beset,