English - Vietnamese Dictionary
bearing /'beəriɳ/Concise Dictionary
- danh từ
- sự chịu đựng
- his conceit it past (beyond all) bearing: không ai chịu được cái tính tự cao tự đại của nó
- sự sinh nở, sự sinh đẻ
- child bearing: sự sinh con
- to be in full bearing: đang trong thời kỳ sinh nở (đàn bà); đang ra quả (cây);
- to be past bearing quá thời kỳ sinh nở: thái độ, dáng điệu, bộ dạng, tác phong
- modest bearing: thái độ khiêm tốn
- phương diện, mặt (của một vấn đề)
- to examine a question in all its bearings: xem xét một vấn đề trên mọi phương diện
- sự liên quan, mối quan hệ
- this remark has no bearing on the question: lời nhận xết ấy không có liên quan gì tới vấn đề
- ý nghĩa, nghĩa
- the precise bearing of the word: nghĩa chính xác của từ đó
- (kỹ thuật) cái giá, cái trụ, cái đệm, cuxinê
- ball bearings: vòng bi, ổ bi (xe đạp...)
- (hàng hải); (hàng không) quân... vị trí phương hướng
- to take one's bearings: xác định vị trí, định rõ phương hướng (nghĩa đen) & (nghĩa bóng)
- to lose one's bearings: lạc mất phương hướng không biết mình ở đâu (nghĩa đen) & (nghĩa bóng)
- (số nhiều) hình vẽ và chữ đề (trên quốc huy, huy hiệu...)
+relevant relation or interconnection
+the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
+dignified manner or conduct
+characteristic way of bearing one's body
+heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield
+a rotating support placed between moving parts to allow them to move easily
+(of a structural member) withstanding a weight or strain
+producing or yielding
+massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws
+an investor with a pessimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to fall and so sells now in order to buy later at a lower price
+put up with something or somebody unpleasant
+move while holding up or supporting
+bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"
+take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
+contain or hold; have within
+have on one's person
+behave in a certain manner
+have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices
+support or hold in a certain manner
+be pregnant with
Advanced English Dictionary
1 carriage, deportment, manner, behaviour, conduct, aspect, demeanour, posture, stance, air, attitude, mien, presence:
Lewis's noble bearing makes him noticeable, even in a crowd.
2 sustaining, supporting, endurance, enduring:
Thomas Jefferson considered the government of England totally without morality and insolent beyond bearing.
3 aspect; relation, reference, relationship, correlation, pertinence, relevance, connection, relevancy, applicability, application, germaneness, significance:
The legal bearing of the case will become obvious in court. It is unclear exactly what bearing your remarks have on the situation.
4 Often, bearings. direction, orientation, (relative) position:
The bearing of the lighthouse is now 180ø. Which way is north? - I have lost my bearings entirely.
+ nounCollocation Dictionary
1 [U] ~ on sth the way in which sth is related to sth or influences it: Recent events had no bearing on our decision. + Regular exercise has a direct bearing on fitness and health. + Her comments didn't have much bearing on the subject.
2 [sing.] the way in which you stand, walk or behave: Her whole bearing was alert. + a man of upright, military bearing
3 [C] (technical) a direction measured from a fixed point using a COMPASS: They took compass bearings on the tower.
4 [C] (technical) a part of a machine that supports a moving part, especially one that is turning
See also - BALL BEARING
Idioms: get / find / take your bearings to make yourself familiar with your surroundings in order to find out where you are or to feel comfortable in a place: He paused at the top of the hill, trying to get his bearings.
lose your bearings to become lost or confused
1 way in which sth is related
direct, important, significant
The rise in interest rates had a direct bearing on the company's profits.
VERB + BEARING
VERB + BEARING
He checked his bearings on the map in the car.
| find, get
Everything was in darkness and it was difficult to get my bearings.
To keep your bearings in a desert sandstorm is impossible.
She lost her bearings in the thick forest.
take a (compass) bearing on sth
Take a compass bearing on that mountain.
Random quote: Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.: Mohandas GandhiLatest queries: diagnose, loner, cabaret, shore, executive, streaming, maneuver, blistering, ordained, meditative, absorbent, porn, supporter, ecological, amber, conscious, sparkling, begged, plays, bearing,