Updated English - Vietnamese Dictionary
amiss /ə'mis/Concise Dictionary
- tính từ & phó từ
- sai, hỏng, xấu; bậy
- what's amiss with you?: anh có việc gì không ổn đấy?
- do you find anything amiss in what I have said?: anh có thấy cái gì sai sót trong những điều tôi nói không?
- to understand amiss: hiểu sai, hiểu lầm
- to speak amiss of: nói xấu
- to do amiss: làm bậy
- not amiss: (thông tục) được đấy, khá đấy, không đến nỗi tồi
- không đúng lúc, không hợp thời
- to come amiss: đến không đúng lúc
- nothing comes amiss to him
- chẳng có cái gì nó không vừa ý cả
- nó chẳng sai sót cái gì, cái gì nó cũng lợi dụng (xoay sở) được
- to take amiss
- bực mình, tức mình, để tâm giận; phật ý
ə'mɪsAdvanced English Dictionary
+not functioning properly
+away from the correct or expected course
+in an improper or mistaken or unfortunate manner
+in an imperfect or faulty way
+ adjective [not before noun] wrong; not as it should be: She sensed something was amiss and called the police. + He shone a light inside and saw nothing amiss.
Idioms: not come / go amiss (BrE) to be useful or pleasant in a particular situation: A little luck wouldn't go amiss right now!
take sth amiss (BrE) to feel offended by sth, perhaps because you have understood it in the wrong way: Would she take it amiss if I offered to help?
Random quote: If only wed stop trying to be happy wed have a pretty good time.: Edith WhartonLatest queries: shoulder, order, start, vertebra, lira, support, suet, condolences, reverent, titter, virgo, slaver, guide, surplice, pencil sharpener, tops, yummy, petty, stinky, amiss,
Optional: 01/2018:Picture Dictionary
Updated: 05/06/2018:List of Academic Words
Updated: 03/2019: Learning by reading annotated text, reliable state of art and updated news