English - Vietnamese Dictionary
along /ə'lɔɳ/Concise Dictionary
- phó từ
- theo chiều dài, suốt theo
- tiến lên, về phía trước
- come along: đi nào, đi lên, tiến lên đi
- how are you getting along?: thế nào dạo này công việc làm ăn của anh tiến tới ra sao?
- all along: suốt, suốt từ đầu đến đuôi; ngay từ đầu
- I knew it all along: tôi biết câu chuyện đó ngay từ đầu; tôi biết suốt từ đầu đến đuôi câu chuyện đó
- it happened all along of your carelessness: câu chuyện xảy ra là do sự thiếu thận trọng của anh
- along with
- theo cùng với, song song với
- come along with me: hãy đi với tôi
- right along
- (từ Mỹ,nghĩa Mỹ) luôn luôn, bao giờ cũng
- giới từ
- dọc theo, theo
- to walk along the road: đi dọc theo con đường
- along the river: dọc theo con sông
ə'lɒŋAdvanced English Dictionary
+with a forward motion
+in accompaniment or as a companion
+to a more advanced state
+in addition (usually followed by `with')
+in line with a length or direction (often followed by `by' or `beside')
1 from one end to or towards the other end of sth: They walked slowly along the road. + I looked along the shelves for the book I needed.
2 in a line that follows the side of sth long: Houses had been built along both sides of the river.
3 at a particular point on or beside sth long: You'll find his office just along the corridor.
Help Note: For the special uses of along in phrasal verbs, look at the entries for the verbs. For example get along with sb is in the phrasal verb section at get.
1 forward: I was just walking along singing to myself. + He pointed out various landmarks as we drove along.
2 with sb: We're going for a swim. Why don't you come along? + I'll be along (= I'll join you) in a few minutes.
3 towards a better state or position: The book's coming along nicely.
Idioms: along with sb/sth in addition to sb/sth; in the same way as sb/sth: She lost her job when the factory closed, along with hundreds of others.
Random quote: Do more than dream: work.: William Arthur WardLatest queries: derriere, glorious, consistence, consist, elocution, crisis, interment, stir up, inconsistency, incidental, doze, consistencies, over-, impeachment, orderly, prowess, repeatedly, in front of, behaving, along,