English - Vietnamese Dictionary
afloat /ə'flout/Concise Dictionary
- tính từ & phó từ
- nổi lênh đênh (trên mặt nước), lơ lửng (trên) không)
- trên biển, trên tàu thuỷ
- life afloat: cuộc sống trên biển
- ngập nước
- the ship sank slowly until the decks were afloat: con tàu chìm dần cho tới khi ngập nước
- lan truyền đi (tin đồn)
- there is a rumour afloat that: có tin đồn rằng
- thịnh vượng, hoạt động sôi nổi
- concern is now fairly afloat: công việc kinh doanh hiện nay rất thịnh vượng
- hết nợ, sạch mợ, không mắc nợ ai
ə'fləʊtAdvanced English Dictionary
+borne on the water; floating
+covered with water
+ adjective [not before noun]Collocation Dictionary
1 floating on water: Somehow we kept the boat afloat. + He could not swim and only a life jacket kept him afloat.
2 (of a business, etc.) having enough money to pay debts; able to survive: They will have to borrow £10 million next year, just to stay afloat.
1 floating on water
be | remain, stay | set sth
The children set their new boat afloat on the lake.
| keep sth
struggling to keep the vessel afloat
2 able to survive financially
He is struggling to keep afloat after a series of emotional and health problems.
| keep sth
They had to sell their assets to keep the business afloat.
Random quote: If one does not know to which port is sailing, no wind is favorable.: SenecaLatest queries: snowblower, fourfold, amateur, capsicum, yogi, romany, liter, plaza, measurable, nomination, contra-indication, taxi, rigor, reasons, hermaphrodite, professional, extradition, wooden, talking, afloat,