English - Vietnamese Dictionary
redemption /ri'dempʃn/Concise Dictionary
- danh từ
- sự mua lại, sự chuộc lại (vật cầm thế); sự trả hết (nợ)
- sự chuộc (lỗi); sự bỏ tiền ra chuộc (một tù nhân)
- beyond (past, without) redemption: không còn hòng chuộc lại được nữa (tội lỗi...)
- sự thực hiện, sự giữ trọn
- the redemption of a promise: sự thực hiện một lời hứa
- (tôn giáo) sự chuộc tội cho loài người, sự cứu thế (Chúa)
redemptionsrɪ'dempʃnAdvanced English Dictionary
+(Christianity) the act of delivering from sin or saving from evil
+repayment of the principal amount of a debt or security at or before maturity (as when a corporation repurchases its own stock)
+the act of purchasing back something previously sold
+ noun [U]Collocation Dictionary
1 (formal) the act of saving or state of being saved from the power of evil; the act of REDEEMING: the redemption of the world from sin
2 (finance) the act of exchanging shares for money (= of REDEEMING them)
Idioms: beyond / past redemption too bad to be saved or improved
1 being saved from the power of evil
VERB + REDEMPTION
be in need of, need
She believes that humanity is in need of redemption.
After another incident at the weekend, the club's reputation for violence is beyond redemption.
| ~ from
redemption from evil
2 repayment of money invested/borrowed
There is a fee for early redemption.
| capital, loan, share
REDEMPTION + NOUN
date | price, value, yield
A charge is payable on redemption.
Latest queries: model, vacuum, factÃ¡Â»Â, precaution, implode, router, roof, plough, carrot, rural, librarian, highlight, reliable, stuck, ext., billboard, Bait, cycle, depend, Redemption,