US: /ænˌtɪsəˈpeɪʃən/, /æntɪsəˈpeɪʃən/
English Vietnamese dictionary
- danh từ
- sự dùng trước, sự hưởng trước
- sự thấy trước, sự biết trước, sự đoán trước; sự dè trước, sự chặn trước, sự liệu trước, sự lường trước
- thanking you in anticipation: xin cám ơn ông trước (dùng ở cuối thư)
- to save in anticipation of the future: tiết kiệm để dành cho tương lai
- sự làm trước; sự nói trước
- sự thúc đẩy
- sự mong đợi, sự hy vọng, sự chờ đợi
- (y học) sự xảy ra trước lúc, sự xảy ra trước kỳ hạn bình thường
- (âm nhạc) âm sớm
Advanced English dictionary
+ noun [U]
1 the fact of seeing that sth might happen in the future and perhaps doing sth about it now: He bought extra food in anticipation of more people coming than he'd invited.
2 a feeling of excitement about sth (usually sth good) that is going to happen: happy / eager / excited anticipation + The courtroom was filled with anticipation.
1 expectation, expectancy; hope:
In anticipation of the arrival of Father Christmas, we hung up our stockings.
2 foreknowledge, precognition; intuition, presentiment, feeling; foreboding, apprehension:
His anticipation of the solar eclipse by a week established him as the foremost scientist of his day.
great, keen | eager, excited, happy, pleasurable
We look forward to your lecture with eager anticipation. a feeling of pleasurable anticipation
There is growing anticipation that the prime minister will have to resign.
VERB + ANTICIPATION
be full of
We are full of anticipation, and can't wait to visit you.
in ~ of
People are buying extra groceries in anticipation of heavy snowstorms.
a feeling/sense of anticipation, a shiver/thrill of anticipation
The unexpected news sent a thrill of anticipation through the group.
Concise English dictionary
+something expected (as on the basis of a norm)
+the act of predicting (as by reasoning about the future)
+wishing with confidence of fulfillment