English - Vietnamese Dictionary
at /æt, ət/Concise Dictionary
- danh từ
- ở tại (chỉ vị trí)
- at Haiduong: ở Hải dương
- at school: ở trường
- at home: ở nhà
- at the meeting: ở cuộc họp
- at a depth of six meters: ở độ sâu sáu mét
- at the butcher's: ở cửa hàng thịt
- vào, vào lúc, vào hồi (chỉ thời gian)
- at six o'clock: vào lúc sáu giờ
- at midnight: vào lúc nửa đêm
- at mealtime: vào giờ ăn cơm
- đang, đang lúc
- at work: đang làm việc
- at breakfast: đang ăn sáng
- what are you at now?: bây giờ anh đang bận gì?
- at peace: đang lúc hoà bình
- at rest: đang lúc nghỉ ngơi
- vào, nhắm vào, về phía
- to throw a stone at somebody: ném một cục đá vào ai
- to look at the picture: nhìn (vào) bức tranh
- to laugh at somebody: cười (vào mặt) ai
- với (chỉ giá cả...)
- at a high price: với giá cao
- at 3đ a kilogram: (với giá) ba đồng một kilôgram
- khi; về
- we were very sad at hearing the news: chúng tổi rất buồn khi nghe thấy tin đó
- he was surprised at what he saw: nó ngạc nhiên về những điều nó được trông thấy
- at your request: theo lời yêu cầu của anh
- at your command: theo lệnh của anh
- về (một môn nào...)
- to be good at mathematics: giỏi (về môn) toán
- at last
- we must take it at that: chúng ta phải thừa nhận điều đó như vậy
- hơn nữa, mà lại còn
- he lost an arm and the right arm at that: anh ấy cụt cánh tay mà lại là cánh tay phải
æt; unbetontətAdvanced English Dictionary
+a highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series); a decay product of uranium and thorium
+100 at equal 1 kip in Laos
1 used to say where sth/sb is or where sth happens: at the corner of the street + We changed at Crewe. + They arrived late at the airport. + At the roundabout take the third exit. + I'll be at home all morning. + She's at Tom's (= at Tom's house). + I met her at the hospital. + How many people were there at the concert?
2 used to say where sb works or studies: He's been at the bank longer than anyone else. + She's at Yale (= Yale University).
3 used to say when sth happens: We left at 2 o'clock. + at the end of the week + We woke at dawn. + I didn't know at the time of writing (= when I wrote). + At night you can see the stars. + (BrE) What are you doing at the weekend?
4 used to state the age at which sb does sth: She got married at 25. + He left school at the age of 16.
5 in the direction of or towards sb/sth: What are you looking at? + He pointed a gun at her. + Somebody threw paint at the prime minister.
6 used after a verb to show that sb tries to do sth, or partly does sth, but does not succeed or complete it: He clutched wildly at the rope as he fell. + She nibbled at a sandwich (= ate only small bits of it).
7 used to state the distance away from sth: I held it at arm's length. + Can you read a car number plate at fifty metres?
8 used to show the situation sb/sth is in, what sb is doing or what is happening: The country is now at war. + I felt at a disadvantage. + I think Mr Harris is at lunch.
9 used to show a rate, speed, etc: He was driving at 70 mph. + The noise came at two-minute intervals (= once every two minutes).
10 ~ sb's / sth's best / worst, etc. used to say that sb/sth is as good, bad, etc. as they can be: This was Henman at his best. + The garden's at its most beautiful in June.
11 used with adjectives to show how well sb does sth: I'm good at French. + She's hopeless at managing people.
12 used with adjectives to show the cause of sth: They were impatient at the delay. + She was delighted at the result.
13 (formal) in response to sth: They attended the dinner at the chairman's invitation.
Idioms: at that used when you are giving an extra piece of information: He managed to buy a car after all-and a nice one at that.
where it's at (informal) a place or an activity that is very popular or fashionable: Judging by the crowds waiting to get in, this seems to be where it's at.
Random quote: You can't shake hands with a clenched fist.: Indira GandhiLatest queries: get-up, porter, designate, quasi, online., trend, reflate, salary, ancestors, site, anodyne, deafening, sunni, cloudy, signs, mobilize, television, adult education, frill, đat,